Friday, April 1, 2011

April 2, 2011

I haven't posted in a while, and there's a reason for that. I withdrew from Murdoch University in the hopes that since I got into two other veterinary schools that both of them would be cheaper than Murdoch University.

The decision making is actually truly the hardest part about this all. I left Murdoch University in Western Australia because I thought both Royal Veterinary College (RVC) in London and University of Illinois would be cheaper options. I did some calculations yesterday to find out that if the projected cost of attendance at RVC is accurate and the projected cost of Murdoch had I stayed is accurate, they would cost the same. Murdoch ($60K x 5 years) and RVC ($75K x 4 years). So needless to say I was super super depressed yesterday since I thought I was doing myself a favor by leaving Murdoch. Now I wish I hadn't! I know this sounds stupid but I really *really* don't want to go back to University of Illinois and I'm trying to find, whatever way possible, a route to making my time at RVC cheaper. I spent about 4 years last night trying to email people about renting out rooms that are cheaper than the student housing so as to cut down on my projected cost of attendance if I go to RVC. I just really don't want to go back to the corn fields of the Midwest. I know my family really wants me to go (as made obvious by my most recent Facebook status update) but there's more to life than the Midwest and I've already been to University of Illinois and hated it there, minus some of the awesome people I met there. So yeah... that's incentive enough.

This has been so trying on me... it's depressing me and making me go insane.

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment